Just when I think I’m on a roll with blogging… poof! It’s 37 days later. You would think lack of employment would give me some free time on my hands, but I continue to be as busy as ever. Doing what, you may ask?
I am working my way through my list of home projects (slowly but surely), cleaning like a fiend, and purging “stuff”; doing a lot of volunteering, especially with my son’s marching band (and yet that is not the reason for today’s title); trying to do many of my hubby’s household chores to minimize his stress; working my way through 7 seasons of Game of Thrones (finally done!); working on my business plan; and continuing to pursue my health coaching certification (and herein lies the reason for today’s title).
As part of the health coaching program, we are encouraged to start practicing our coaching skills with family and friends. And so I am seeking volunteers! The time commitment is about 90 minutes (preliminary paperwork plus a 60 minute-ish conversation). The intent is to practice the initial assessment of potential new clients.
A few things to note:
- While you all know I am plant-based, the desire to eat a plant-based diet is NOT a requirement for this. I anticipate working with people of all dietary preferences.
- Integrative nutrition health coaching is focused on more than just nutrition and encompasses many areas of wellness.
- All information shared will be confidential and sessions are non-judgmental.
- While I prefer working with people in person, it does not have to be so. I can do phone calls or FaceTime/Skype, whatever your preference.
- You don’t need to have major issues to do this; even if you’re pretty healthy and happy at present, that’s still a scenario I’d like to try out!
If you are interested in helping me out, please email me at email@example.com for more information. Ideally I’d like to schedule 1 or 2 a week for the next few months (and beyond), so the more, the merrier!
Thank you in advance!!
IMDb: Volunteers (1985)