I just wanted to provide a quick update on the Mary’s Mini which ended for me yesterday. Ten days went by very quickly and I really loved the food I ate! I definitely want to continue this!
Day 7 Menu (Saturday):
- Breakfast: 2 baked potatoes with ketchup
- Lunch: ate out; had a mostly-compliant salad (not compliant: the dressing which had a little dairy in it, I’m sure…)
- Dinner: Oh She Glows Vegetable Curry (minus the oil) over rice
In terms of the “mini”, this was also not 100% compliant because of the cashew cream used to make the curry which would have some fat in it.
Day 8 Menu (Sunday):
- Breakfast: Hash Brown Potatoes; browned in a non-stick skillet with a bit of veggie broth and seasonings; 2 small pancakes with fruit
- Lunch: Steamed cauliflower with soy sauce
- Dinner: Walnut Stuffed Mushrooms over cous cos with sauteed spinach
Day 9 Menu (Monday):
- Breakfast: It was a crazy day at work and by the time I thought about breakfast, it was…
- Lunch: rice and cauliflower with soy sauce
- Snacks: cucumbers
- Dinner: Gnocchi with marinara sauce
Day 10 Menu (Tuesday):
- Breakfast: a day like Monday…
- Lunch: 2 sweet potatoes topped with cinnamon and nutmeg. These were delicious! So good that a co-worker thought I was eating pumpkin pie… they smelled SO good!
- Snacks: I know you think I’m going to say cucumbers. And I did. But I also had some tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro.
- Dinner: Black Bean Burger (can you tell it was the end??)
The Facebook group I joined for this challenge was actually very flexible about how the mini would work for people. Some did it the old way (with fruit), some the new (without). Some ate the same starch all the way through, and some who switched it up. I loved the comment the leader wrote: “Remember, this is not a religion, and nobody will go to hell for trying something new.”
At the end, I was down 4 1/2 pounds in 10 days and I’m feeling pretty good about myself! 🙂
If you try this, let me know how it works for you! And good luck!
IMDb: Happy Endings (2005)