I received the results of my blood work from earlier in the week today and I’m confused. My PTH level is actually low (14 in a range of 15-65). According to my Google searches, if your PTH is low, that is HYPOparathyroidism, which is rare and results in calcium being too low. It is the HYPERparathyroidism that causes calcium levels to be too high. Hmmmm…
My calcium levels are still on the high side(10 again… just within the 10.2 high end of the range). I guess I’ll be calling the doctor tomorrow. The two really don’t jive based on what I am reading, so I definitely need to address my confusion.
At www.parathyroid.com, I did find one comment that said “If the blood calcium level is too HIGH, it should be associated with a LOW parathyroid hormone level, if the parathyroids are normal (a normal parathyroid will shut down and go to sleep if the calcium level is high).” This same website reports “The sole purpose of the parathyroid glands is to control calcium within the blood in a very tight range between 9.0 and 10.1.” So I guess that would mean that all is normal, but I do want to confirm.
As far as the reference to “dazed”… I’ve been really tired this week. My sleep has been slightly improved, but I still wake up so tired. Although the week has been good, it’s just dragging on and I can’t believe tomorrow is only Friday. Bring on the weekend!
In other news…
- Tried a Lebanese restaurant today (a first for me)… it was recommended by my radiologist… and it was amazing! We enjoyed hummus, grape leaves and spinach pies, and the food was all delicious!! I can’t wait to go back, although they are closed most of July for vacation.
- My new favorite snack? Sugar snap peas! Someone had them at work yesterday for a “food day” and I ate almost all of them. When I saw them at the store tonight, I just had to buy them and add them to my salad!
- This time of year is so great for healthy eating. I have been enjoying gigantic salads with leaf lettuce, various colored peppers, tomatoes, green onions, etc… very colorful! Adding a drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar, and a bit of Himalayan sea salt..mmmm…
- Dad’s appointment with the oncologist has been set for next week.
- I made myself an appointment for a massage… July 8th… can’t wait! It’s been so long since I’ve had one and my body is in desperate need.
- I’m looking forward to some quality time with family and friends this weekend. Jewelry party with the girls, and two graduation parties on Saturday.
Peace! (or Peas!)