Several people have asked for more information on the green drink I referenced in a few posts. We use “Nature’s Harvest”, a powdered mix that you can get through Nature’s Sunshine. Let me know if you are interested in trying this and I can help get you set up on the site, or I’d be happy to order it for you to try. I’ve provided the link below if you want to check it out and have listed the benefits from their website. My preferred way to drink it is to mix with 8 ounces of water, and then to blend with fresh or frozen fruits. The frozen fruits give it more of a smoothie texture. You can also mix it with your favorite juice. David drinks this once a day (which has cleared up a chronic dry skin condition that he had been dealing with for a few years); I try for two a day for optimal benefits. I have definitely noticed positive changes to my hair (lots of comments about how shiny it is!) and my skin.
- Provides nutrient-dense plants, fruits and herbs for health and energy.
- Provides 75% of the Daily Value for 18 essential vitamins and minerals.
- Contains green foods, antioxidants, essential fatty acids, nutritive herbs, fiber and more.
- Provides 13 g vegetable protein per serving.
- Supports the intestinal and circulatory systems.
- Is vegan, dairy-free and lactose-free.
I was successful in my first juicing experience yesterday. Isn’t it pretty? 🙂
Here are my initial thoughts:
- There’s definitely some work involved for washing, peeling, etc., but it really wasn’t too bad.
- It was otherwise remarkably easy, and fun! I was amazed at how quickly the juicer devoured the veggies. This would be great therapy if you were angry at someone!
- Drinking vegetables will definitely be an acquired taste for me. The taste buds are still detoxing from all the processed foods I’ve eaten in my lifetime. For my first drink, I should have used a little more fruit to sweeten it up. It was heavy on the carrot flavor, which wasn’t bad, but I definitely need to ease into this more gently.
- I’m busy reviewing recipes for today’s juice! (Again, you experienced juicers… I’m open to suggestions! What are your favorite (mild) recipes?)
Some additional updates:
Sugar fast: Day 2 complete (despite the dozen of donuts that were delivered!)
Recovery is still going well. The dark purple bruising on my right side is beginning to subside. I’m a little tired this morning, and I do still have some tenderness and swelling. I suspect I may need some needle aspirations on Friday to drain some of the fluids. My armpits still feel a little numb/tingly; sure hope that goes away, as it is simply annoying!
Thanks to all who have stuck with this blog and for all your comments! While I haven’t responded to every comment, please know that I do read each and every one! Thanks also for your prayers for Mom!