I just finished my dinner from Day 6 of the Mary’s Mini “diet”! It’s going pretty well, and I’m happy with the results so far. For those who want to know what I’m actually eating, here are my menus for this past week.
Day 2 Menu (Monday):
- Breakfast: hash brown potatoes with spinach; some mixed berries (The berries were ok on the “old plan” but I think technically not compliant for the new version of the Mini.)
- Lunch: baked potato with sautéed onions and peppers, zucchini salad
- Snacks: cucumbers in apple cider vinegar and an apple
(I even stayed away from the red licorice!)
- Dinner: mashed potatoes with RawTill4Diet Mushroom Gravy, corn and green beans – OMG, delicious!
Day 3 Menu (Tuesday):
- Breakfast: hash brown potatoes with spinach (yes, I made enough for a few days) and the mixed berries
- Lunch: leftover mashed potatoes with gravy and green beans
- Snacks: cucumbers
- Dinner: hash brown bake in “cheez” sauce (This was a really easy recipe but I couldn’t find it online to share a link. If you are interested in the details, let me know! My only regret was adding the pepper. I really don’t like pepper, so I’m not sure why I did that.)
Day 4 Menu (Wednesday):
- Breakfast: mixed berries, and that’s it… It was a crazy day!
- Lunch: leftover hash brown bake
- Snacks: cucumbers and a few corn tortilla chips when I got home from work
- Dinner: baked potato topped with the quinoa and veggie dish I made for the boys
Day 5 Menu (Thursday):
- Breakfast: mixed berries, baked potato with ketchup
- Lunch: mashed potatoes with gravy
- Snack: cucumbers
- Dinner: stir “fry”: steamed rice, steamed broccoli and some soy sauce, just dry-fried in a non-stick pan. (I did break the “rules” of the mini by switching out my starch but I was in a hurry and needed something that wasn’t a potato!)
Day 6 Menu (Friday):
- Breakfast: banana
- Lunch: leftover stir fry
- Snack: I know you will be surprised… wait for it! Cucumbers!
- Dinner: whole grain pasta with mushrooms, capers, spinach and lemon
At weigh-in this morning, I was down 3.5 pounds! And that’s the halfway point weigh in. The weekend is ahead and that will be tough, as we usually eat out on weekends. We’ll have to either stay home or be very selective in where we go to eat!
And in case anyone was wondering, no, David and Ethan are NOT eating this way! (Although Ethan has been enjoying my potato and rice dishes! I was tempted to say “Hey, those are MY potatoes”, but I was glad to see his interest in my healthy foods.)
I’ll report in again when I’m done!
IMDb: Starched (2001)